[pro] What was wrong with environments as in CLTL2 pp. 207-214?

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Fri Dec 14 20:26:35 UTC 2012

On 14 Dec 2012, at 18:12, Jean-Claude Beaudoin <jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 4:53 AM, Marco Antoniotti <antoniotti.marco at disco.unimib.it> wrote:
> Excellent question.
>
> Thanks, but I was hoping for a somewhat more specific answer.
>

> FYI, due to prodding by yours truly, and kudos to them, Lispworks has re-introduced the API in 6.x.
>
> This recently! And have they found significant issues while they were at it?
>
> Franz seems to have found some and changed a few of the return values but I
> fail to understand why they did it in a way that is not a superset of the CLTL2 text.
> Any clue?

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.lang.lisp/Q1yH0TtLCN4/Wy80zgLHRyYJ
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.lang.lisp/GQx583B6dmw/HJIVzXfOftUJ

There was also at some stage an announcement by Duane Rettig in comp.lang.lisp where the changes compared to CLtL2 were motivated, but I cannot find any links anymore…

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza