[pro] [Q] naming convention

Didier Verna didier at lrde.epita.fr
Thu Apr 5 08:23:38 UTC 2012

  About the use of compiler macros that you and Scott suggested, I
originally refrained from using them because I wanted the user to choose
explicitely between the run-time and compile-time version, and also
because the standard does not mandate the use of compiler macros even
when they are defined.

But now that I've given it more thought, I may actually change my
mind...

1/ Amongst the the current major implementations, are there any that
   would *not* use my compiler macro ?

2/ Assuming that the answer to 1/ is "no", something that I hadn't
   realized before is that I could provide the user with a compile-time
   option specifying whether to use the compiler macro version. The
   macro could then test this option and simly decline to expand by
   returning the original form.

This might actually be the best way to go...

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Scientific site:   http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier
Music (Jazz) site: http://www.didierverna.com