[pro] Professional Reports

Ala'a Mohammad amalawi at gmail.com
Sun May 22 14:10:08 UTC 2011

you can use either Tex/LaTex or cl-pdf and cl-typesetting depending on
the project requirements and/or constraints.

In general the way I work is avoid going on tangent about layout
perfection and pixels counting/optimization. I'd do paper prototyping
(pencil and paper), iterate as needed, then computer sketch (using
inkscape) and when i get almost satisfied look I'll start coding the
details

you can automate a little bit of the process by doing the design in
Inkscape and then parse the output SVG file to generate the cl-pdf
and/or cl-typesetting code. (try using cl-html-parse). keep it simple
and avoid the tendency of trying to develop a full svg2cl-pdf
parser/compiler. this will help in case you wanted to hire a designer
who will take care of pixels optimization.

Regards,

Ala'a