[pro] Matrix operations...

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 14:01:43 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Thomas M. Hermann
<thomas.m.hermann at odonata-research.com> wrote:
> Pascal,
> I have a library that is essentially a common lisp implementation of the
> BLAS. So, it is just the low level routines, nothing that you would find in
> the LAPACK. It is sequential. It works in any lisp implementation. I
> originally developed it using SBCL, but there is nothing SBCL specific in
> the code. I've compiled it using LispWorks and all of the unit tests pass.
> All of my development is now in LispWorks, so that is the platform that any
> further development will occur on.
> There is no focus on performance whatsoever. In fact, I can almost guarantee
> that the performance is not good. My intent at this stage of development was
> to focus on correctness and the API, then focus on performance. I'd be happy
> to work with you on this.
> I have a working draft of the documentation that I can send you. If you are
> interested in the code, I think the best way to share it would be through
> github.
> Please let me know if you are interested and I will email you the
> documentation directly.
> Best regards,

I'd be very interested in seeing it (and easy if on github)!

(advertising - I work on lisp-matrix in my spare time, and would love
to have a stronger lisp-only solution to leverage for in the backend
(which handles, to a limited extent, lisp-based arrays as well as
foreign-stored arrays and computations which are "mixed
storage"-mode).

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we
can easily roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).

Drink Coffee:  Do stupid things faster with more energy!