[pro] Common Lisp Library for MS Word files (.doc or .docx)?

Daniel Herring dherring at tentpost.com
Tue Mar 1 01:20:15 UTC 2011

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Mark H. David wrote:

> Does anyone know of any CL libraries for dealing with Microsoft Word files?
> Tools for creating them, reading from them, parsing them, converting
> them to plain text or other formats, things like that?

I suspect that RDNZL might provide the best results.  You can use it to
hook into the beast itself.

Your other approach is to hook into the code for another office suite such
as Open/LibreOffice, AbiWord, or KWord.

In addition to Apache POI, there is also wvWare, but it doesn't support
the new XML formats...

Right when the libraries were becoming good at doc, MS went and changed
formats.  Funny coincidence, that.

Later,
Daniel