[pro] Lisp 2's and function values.

Matthew D. Swank akopa at charter.net
Sat Jun 4 13:43:47 UTC 2011

On 06/04/2011 05:06 AM, Kazimir Majorinc wrote:
> On 25.5.2011. 4:51, Matthew D. Swank wrote:
>
>> I have implemented a small fexpr interpreter in Common Lisp based on
>> Kernel http://web.cs.wpi.edu/~jshutt/kernel.html. Right now it's a Lisp
>> 1, but I am considering trying to make it a more idiomatic extension of
>> Common Lisp by making it a Lisp 2.
>
> Did you published anything online?

Not yet. I'm still making my way though the two relevant papers to see
what can be adapted.  My interpreter sticks pretty close to the
exposition of vau-expressions in the first half of Dr Shutt's dissertation.
> How would you estimate time / space requirements compared to original
> dynamically scoped FEXPRs?

I can't speak intelligently about that, except to note the overhead that
statically scoped lisps have generally.

Matt