[pro] Lisp and DSLs

Alexander Repenning ralex at cs.colorado.edu
Thu Jul 21 20:28:37 UTC 2011

XML, good point. XMLisp combines S-expressions and XML into X-expression via CLOS, MOP, Lisp reader and Lisp printer:
- paper: http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~ralex/papers/PDF/X-expressions.pdf
- code (all in one file) http://code.google.com/p/xmlisp/source/browse/trunk/XMLisp/sources/XMLisp/XMLisp.lisp
- application: http://code.google.com/p/xmlisp/

best,  Alex

On Jul 21, 2011, at 1:00 AM, Marco Antoniotti wrote:

> Well, since we are talking about XML stuff, I have another shameless plug myself then :)
>
> 	http://within-parens.blogspot.com/2011/06/printing-xhtm.html
>
> All in all the pretty-printer is very nice, it'd be nice to have an agreed upon jazzed up version of CLOS dispatching.
>
> Cheers
>
> MA
>

> On Jul 20, 2011, at 23:51 , Steve Haflich wrote:
>
>> You might want to examine https://github.com/franzinc/net-xml-generator which is (sort-of) a DSL for generating and pretty-printing XML. It uses reader macros and the pretty-printer so that XML elements can be freely intermixed and nested inside Lisp code. (Unlike HTML, XML has an unbounded set of tags, so defining a finite set of keywords won't work.)
>> Download the zip and view the xhtml blurb in a browser. It self-referentially contains the Lisp code that generated it, which is probably harder to do in other languages.
>
> --
> Marco Antoniotti, Associate Professor				tel.	+39 - 02 64 48 79 01
> DISCo, Università Milano Bicocca U14 2043		http://bimib.disco.unimib.it
> Viale Sarca 336
> I-20126 Milan (MI) ITALY
>
> Please note that I am not checking my Spam-box anymore.
> Please do not forward this email without asking me first.

Prof. Alexander Repenning

University of Colorado
Computer Science Department
Boulder, CO 80309-430