[pro] Are you an Imager or a Filer?

William Halliburton whalliburton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 10:51:01 UTC 2011

The system Ioad facility I have developed, on its first run on a particular
system, creates a core file containing all the support libraries needed for
the system, and then starts SBCL using that core file, proceeding to ASDF
load the system proper. On subsequent starts, the first core creation step
is skipped, saving much time, in most cases making the systems start
instantly since no compilation needs to occur.

Whenever site-lisp is changed, then the cores need to be removed and will
automatically be recreated when the system restarts. In the core is stored
the head git SHA commit id taken from site-lisp at the time of core creation
in order to detect a core to source code discrepancy when the cores are
ran.