[pro] Learning Lisp the Bump Free Way

Chris Perkins cperkins at medialab.com
Fri Jan 21 20:02:16 UTC 2011

Using (string-count-str (get-url-as-string
"http://docs.python.org/py3k/modindex.html") "#module")

I show that there are 291 projects listed on that python page.

But  (string-count-str (get-url-as-string
""http://common-lisp.net/projects.shtml") "/project/")

tells me that there are 416 projects listed on
http://common-lisp.net/projects.shtml

And I don't have to scrape the Common Lisp Directory (
http://www.cl-user.net/asp/root-dir ), it lists 641 entries in
Libraries/Tools/Software.

So, yes, it would appear that the Python people are rather library
starved compared to us Common Lisp users.  I can definitely see why
people would get frustrated using Python and be flocking to Lisp.

;-)

Chris