[pro] Learning Lisp the Bump Free Way

Martin Cracauer cracauer at itasoftware.com
Thu Jan 20 17:00:22 UTC 2011

Alessio Stalla wrote on Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 05:46:15PM +0100:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Martin Cracauer
> <cracauer at itasoftware.com> wrote:
> > Alessio Stalla wrote on Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 05:38:03PM +0100:

> >> Are there big systems written in JS?
> >
> > All Mozilla products.
>
> Mozilla products are in C++. Only the GUI is scripted in JS (XUL). And
> handling GUI events is not high-performance computing in my book ;)

I wish, maybe then the thing wouldn't be so atrocious :-)

There's almost a million lines of Javascript in Firefox and you spend
most of your CPU time in Mozilla's Javascript code.  The actual
rendering is C++ but the rendering time is Firefox's least problem.

Martin
--
Martin Cracauer, Programmer, ITA Software Inc, 617-714-2130