[pro] Learning Lisp the Bump Free Way

Daniel Weinreb dlw at itasoftware.com
Wed Jan 19 22:06:34 UTC 2011

This is a very nice essay to help people get over their
initial problems with Lisp:

http://pavelpenev.posterous.com/learning-lisp-the-bump-free-way

I also just came across an online book called "Successful Lisp",
by David B. Lamkins (maybe many of you already know
about this):

http://psg.com/~dlamkins/sl/

It's also available from Amazon, in trade paperback
(300 pages).

http://www.amazon.com/Successful-Lisp-How-Understand-Common/dp/3937526005/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1295104605&sr=1-1

I'm not sure whether we need any more Lisp textbooks
now that we have Practical Common Lisp, but it's somehow
just nice to know that there are more books about Lisp
that managed to get published; at least in the sense
that Amazon has it (the web site of the publisher seems
to have expired).

-- Dan