[pro] Initialization of shared slots

Daniel Weinreb dlw at itasoftware.com
Mon Jan 10 19:01:13 UTC 2011

That sounds like a good way for it to work.

I'm not sure how safe it would be to depend on each
of the extant implementation of Common Lisp to
do this.  It would probably be best if they all
conformed; the only drawback would be the
tiny possibility that some code somewhere is
depending on the existing behavior.  One could
always use the old trick of having a compatibility
mode for the sake of applications that want
to move to the new release but whose developers
don't have time to fix the application "the right way".

-- Dan