[pro] List of Lisp consultants/freelancers

Daniel Herring dherring at tentpost.com
Sat Jan 8 08:21:42 UTC 2011

On Sat, 8 Jan 2011, Hans Hübner wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 9:16 PM, Vladimir Sedach <vsedach at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The consultants page on the ALU wiki (http://wiki.alu.org/Consultant)
>> seems out of date. I'd like to have somewhere to point managers or
>> business owners to where they can get professional-level help for
>> professional-level prices.
>>
>> Who here is/knows CL consultants and freelancers? Please add/encourage
>> them to add themselves to the ALU consultants page. If there's another
>> directory you think should be used instead, please let me know.
>
> Editing that page does not work for me.  Maybe a redacted page would
> make more sense.

You should be able to edit the page if you create an account first (see
the login link under the page title).

A top priority is for the ALU to completely revamp their web pages.  It
seems to me that this should include adding a new "careers" section.
That might include links to existing resources such as the Lispjobs blog
as well as a section for companies and consultants to advertise their
services.  Unlike the wiki, it should be under editorial control for a
more professional appearance.  (i.e. There should be a uniform style,
annual updates, etc.)

On that note, we are starting to sketch up what content is needed; but we
don't have anyone eager to do the actual web design.  I think the ALU
board would be open to proposals, both for technologies and people...

Later,
Daniel