[pro] Is cl-yacc going to cut it?

Paul Tarvydas paul.tarvydas at rogers.com
Fri Feb 4 14:39:24 UTC 2011

> symbol parse, but is there another general parsing technique, available
> as a lisp library of course, that either works at a lower level than
> yacc usually does or allows the lexer to access more context about the
> parse?

The relatively new PEG packrat parser technologies make it possible to use just one universal description for, both, scanning and parsing.  I see that cl-peg exists, but I haven't tried it out.

[I, also, have built for myself a variant of Holt's S/SL (syntax semantic language) that allows preservation of white space and for changing scanners on the fly (that allows parsing different languages embedded in one another), but I have not taken the time to polish it enough for release.]

pt