[pro] what lisp command line arg parser is good?

Pascal J. Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Tue Dec 20 17:10:05 UTC 2011

"Mark H. David" <mhd-snjaRoHNxXM at public.gmane.org> writes:

> Well, in the era of Quicklisp, they're all pretty much equally easy.  Next?
>
> On 12/20/2011 11:48 AM, Sam Steingold wrote:
>>> * Mark H. David<zuq-OTbhCmRf1Ns at public.gmane.org>  [2011-12-20 11:23:17 -0500]:
>>>
>>> Anyone with some thoughts on which command line parser is good to use?
>>> There seem to be n of them out there.  None really stands out, that I
>>> can tell.
>> in such situation the usual answer is to use whatever is easier to install.

Well, the one I use is not in quicklisp, because my scripts don't use
quicklisp.  It's in:

http://git.informatimago.com/viewgit/index.php?a=viewblob&p=public/bin&h=6a37dd5966274aa5717063baef49b5c24c3fddc1&hb=0ca91647899d87e624869460857b0afe70a26f90&f=script.lisp

examples of usage can be found in the various scripts written in clisp
in that repository, such as:

http://git.informatimago.com/viewgit/index.php?a=viewblob&p=public/bin&h=1a180a741ab8c57069d66f557104d8323651520d&hb=0ca91647899d87e624869460857b0afe70a26f90&f=radio

script.lisp is merely loaded with:

(load (make-pathname :name "SCRIPT" :type "LISP" :version NIL :case :common
                     :defaults *load-pathname*))

in the various scripts.

But I guess it could  be made into an asdf system loadable by quicklisp
for people who like their scripts to start by loading tons of
dependencies, or for people writing program.

Otherwise, have you had a look at Didier Verna's CLON?