[pro] PDM Review

aashish atl aashish.atllp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 12:17:51 UTC 2011

Hi,
I am developer of aspiwork-pdm project that I moved to cl.net in Feb'11.
Motivation for this project can be found on its devel mailing list. At
present, application is a crude expression of what I intended to do.
I spoke to some prospects in my locality. Most of the office owners agree
that integration of their resources would be a great idea. Yet I am not sure
if their hesitation purely relates to technical issues... I am not getting a
satisfactory feedback.
With this much, I have virtually not touched the code for weeks. I welcome
your perspectives on this project. While comments on its actual code may
suit project's own mailing list; here I seek some enlightenment on project's
concept/design, utility in day to day scenario, acceptance of common lisp
for such application... any other comment from your point of view. I see
document management and process flow modules in a few 'cloud' services and
upscale ERP installation. I am wondering if these are practical at smaller
level with common lisp as a tool.
I guess few of you must have implemented similar systems.
Thanks.
Regards
-Aashish