[pro] The Best Examples of "Code is Data"

Kazimir Majorinc kazimir at chem.pmf.hr
Sun Sep 26 01:33:59 UTC 2010

On 26.9.2010 2:09, Pascal Costanza wrote:

> untestable and vague idea at best. The fact is that the problems with
> eval are well known and well described, both in literature and in
> practice. It's not necessary to discuss them in this forum, which is
> about professional uses of Common Lisp. I don't consider this a
> professional topic, because aside from toy examples, using eval most
> certainly doesn't simplify things, but makes things more complicated in
> the long run.

Pascal and others,

Moderator politely proposed that I do not continue sub-discussion on
eval in this thread. If you have some references of the literature you
mentioned here, please post me privately, off this list.

As main discussion - on best macros - ended, I'll use this opportunity
to thank to all who contributed to this thread. I got a number of
valuable answers.

Kazimir