[pro] Introducing the list

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 15:25:40 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

this list has been created in response to an email by Dan Weinreb,
addressed to a bunch of Common Lisp programmers that he knows, who
wondered where to turn to for some advice on the existence of certain
Common Lisp libraries.  comp.lang.lisp was deemed not to be the right
place, because it is full of spam and requires sophisticated
special-purpose software and regular care taking to be readable.
Thus, we came up with the idea of a mailing list targeted at people
who already know and use Common Lisp and who don't want to discuss the
merits of it or how other languages are worse or better.

This is an implementation-agnostic list.  Discussing any Common Lisp
implementation is on-topic, although implementation specific questions
are probably better discussed on the respective mailing lists.  We
generally also know why we chose one implementation over another, so
"my implementation/your implementation"-type discussions should not be
started unless they are technical (as opposed to license-oriented).

Be inclusive and friendly, accept commercial and non-commercial
developers.  Let's not use the word "free" here, unless it is about
beer.  :)

-Hans