[pro] How to interact with a running lisp instance?

David Owen dsowen at fugue88.ws
Fri Dec 17 15:31:31 UTC 2010

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010, Steve Morin wrote:

> How to interact with a running lisp instance?  I have been trying to figure
> this out.  I know this is being done with slime.  Does any one have any good
> pointer on this.  I am thinking of writing a web application and would like
> to be able to update it on the fly for updates and bug fixes.

I run a Lisp webapp from detachtty.  It leaves a Unix socket around so you
can talk to the fake tty later.  I have done live-updates using this.

   http://www.cliki.net/detachtty

Whether you pass functions as functions or symbols in various places can
have an impact on your ability to do a live update (symbols being an
indirect reference, are more conducive).

-David