[pro] The Best Examples of "Code is Data"

Paul Tarvydas paul.tarvydas at rogers.com
Sun Dec 5 21:24:02 UTC 2010

> On 09/06/2010 12:41 PM, *Paul Tarvydas* wrote:
> > 1. Doug Hoyte's book Let Over Lambda, chapter 6.3 Alet and Finite State
> I've read his treatment of state machines, and they seemed like simplified
> co-routines. Or are you just referring to his macro techniques in aid of
> your own ideas about state machines?

Yes to both.  His techniques showed me a better idea on how I wanted to implement my (more complex, hierarchical) state machines.  And, I implement reactive systems as a bunch of communicating state machines that fire one-way events at each other.  As you point out, this devolves into a "stackless" (in fact 1 stack (per core)) set of coroutines.

pt