nyef's postmodern gripes

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 05:54:51 UTC 2013

Below is what I annotated the paste with. Zach, I couldn't find any
info on this nyef character -- could you send nyef in the direction of
my annotation on the paste next time you see him on irc -- and maybe
notify me if he/she replies? Thanks.

month ago when someone -- *not* you, of course -- mailed me about it),
it'd be trivial to submit a report. For some of your others gripes,
the ones that sound like actual bugs instead of vague complaints, it'd
be slightly more work to isolate and investigate (or just report
them). You did no such thing. What you did was piss negativity about
the project in an IRC channel that I don't read. This accomplishes
nothing, except possibly turn people away from useful software. Please
either start being a productive community member, or stop talking
about Postmodern altogether.

(And no, the fact that the mailing list link was broken doesn't excuse
the lack of feedback -- that was only for a few weeks, there's still
the github issue tracker, and it is extremely easy to find my e-mail
address.)

Best,
Marijn Haverbeke <marijnh at gmail.com>