Simple-date vs local-time

Eli Naeher enaeher at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 14:55:01 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm working on moving an existing application to Postmodern, and I'm trying
to decide whether to go with simple-date or local-time. Currently all dates
are stored as "timestamp without time zone," but we are hoping to move
toward a timezone-aware model at some point down the road (although not
immediately--it might end up being a couple years).

For this reason I'm considering using local-time instead of simple-date.
Times and dates are a big part of the application so I'd like to get this
right. I notice that the local-time cl-postgres integration has not had any
commits in a few years. I'm hoping this is because it is stable and
complete. Is anyone using it?

Thank you,
-Eli