[postmodern-devel] Regression in handling integer dates and timestamps

Lucas Hope lucas.r.hope at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 04:12:42 UTC 2012

Hi Marijn,

(ql:quickload "postmodern")

(find-package :simple-date)
=> nil

Alas, not so simple. Previously I'd had problems with simple-date always

(setf cl-postgres:*sql-readtable* (cl-postgres:default-sql-readtable)))
=>  #<HASH-TABLE :TEST EQL :COUNT 29 {1002EB6821}>

But the erroneous behaviour I reported happens with or without that command.

-Luke

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Marijn Haverbeke <marijnh at gmail.com> wrote:

> It could be that simple-date is being accidentally (or intentionally)
> loaded. Could you check whether the :simple-date package is present?
> That will register handlers for serializing date and time values,
> which might cause the behaviour you describe. These two patches might
> be to blame:
>

> https://github.com/marijnh/Postmodern/commit/f35a1124476d39d651baddbe1ba67917f1149833
>
> https://github.com/marijnh/Postmodern/commit/ce1fd7a23b2e523dcc7b3f96fd60b486c5f17117
>
> Best,
> Marijn

Dr Lucas Hope - lucas.r.hope at skype
Machine Learning and Software Engineering Consultant
Melbourne, Australia