[postmodern-devel] patch: DAO constraints

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 20:32:13 UTC 2008

> however, it seems to me that constraints belong
> to DAO classes in the same way column types do.

The way I see it, DAO classes are purely access object declarations.
The column types are already borderline irrelevant, but since it's
often extremely convenient to only have to list your columns once, I
include them there. Constraints can easily be specified outside of
CREATE TABLE statements, so there's no pressing reason to include them
in DAO definitions.

Best,
Marijn