[postmodern-devel] Multirow inserts and transactions in postmodern

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 23:42:14 UTC 2008

Hello Harry,

> I'm wonder what the proper :insert-into syntax would be to insert
> multiple rows simultaneously, like so:

This isn't currently supported by S-SQL. Feel free to propose a
syntax. The current one (which tries to resemble UPDATE) is rather
unsuitable for this. Maybe we could add a new operator.
:insert-rows-into?

> Also, the transaction functionality of postmodern doesn't seem to be
> well-documented. Is the only method of working with them to wrap calls
> in the with-transaction macro?

Yes, if you want the unwind-protect automatic cleanup you'll have to
use with-transaction. You're free to just do (execute "begin"),
(execute "commit") etcetera, of course.

Cheers,
Marijn