[postmodern-devel] String escaping (was: WITH-SAVEPOINT macro)

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 20:55:48 UTC 2008

> My code seems to work fine with new version.

Great, I will consider it functional then.

> SQL-IZE escapes #\' and #\\, however PosgreSQL (unlike MySQL) doesn't
> like \ in ordinary string, but have special E'...' syntax.  Of course,
> warnings can be just ignored, and I can also supress this warning with
> setting standard_conforming_strings off, but isn't it better to output
> all string literals with E'...' syntax?  Just add one letter :)

Done. I also added a *standard-sql-strings* variable which can be used
to configure S-SQL to just use standard strings. It would have been
nicer if this could just be derived directly from the connection, but
at the moment S-SQL does not have a concept of connections, and that
is kind of convenient, so if you really want to use standard strings
you'll just have to change this parameter.

Cheers,
Marijn