[postmodern-devel] Bug report: Incorrect handling of SIMPLE-DATE types in S-SQL

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 09:44:28 UTC 2008

So far I always used these types like (:select (:type my-date-value
date)), but explicitly putting 'date' in front of the value string
seems to work (I had never seen it before). Only, there is a reason
that sql-ize allows one to take the un-escaped version of a value --
when passing arguments to queries with $1-like 'holes' in them, you
need to pass them as un-escaped strings, and something like "date
'2000-01-01'" produces an error. I've modified sql-escape-string to
take an optional second parameter, a prefix, and when sql-ize returns
a string as its second value (rather than T or NIL), this now means
that the value should be escaped, and that string can be prefixed as
type info. This seems to work fine (and has been applied to the
repository).

Cheers,
Marijn