[postmodern-devel] ~ infix operator

Giorgos Pontikakis gnp at freemail.gr
Sun Jan 21 09:45:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

First, I think this is an very good library and I have to thank you
for releasing it. The documentation is exceptionally good,
congratulations for your effort.

Second, I noticed that the ~ infix operator from PostgreSQL for
regular expressions is not included in the def-infix-ops (file
s-sql.lisp). I suppose that this is because it conflicts with the
bitwise NOT operator with the same name, which is defined after a few
lines.

For the time being, I just changed the bitwise NOT to :~~ and added
the :~ to the def-infix-ops forms. Is this something you overlooked
or is there another way to access regular expressions functionality?

Third, since I see you care about the documentation, I think you
should point out in the documentation that the deftable form must
define the table columns in the same order with its PostgreSQL
counterpart, since you use the * abbreviation in the get-dao select
statement. Otherwise, the get-dao does not work.

Finally, is there a way to access the constraints of an SQL table from
the Lisp side? I have not managed to find anything related yet.

That's all for the time being. Once more, thank you very much for the
library. Best regards,

Giorgos Pontikakis