[portage-overlay-devel] asdf versus ebuilds

Hans Halvorson hhalvors at Princeton.EDU
Sun Jan 28 19:04:48 UTC 2007

Isn't this the equivalent to using 'cpan install' directly to install
Perl modules?  If so, wouldn't this be undesirable, because portage
doesn't know about what is installed by asdf-install (and so we can
have package conflicts, plus we can't use portage tools to see which
packages are installed)?

-Hans