[plexippus-xpath-devel] interaction of plexippus and closure-html

Andras Simon szajmi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 14:51:55 UTC 2009

I'm trying to use plexippus with closure-html to search in possibly
badly formed html. But I ran into the following:

(defun show (xpath doc)
  (xpath:do-node-set (node (xpath:evaluate xpath doc))
    (format t "found element: ~A~%"
	    (xpath-protocol:local-name node))))

(stp:make-builder)))
found element: html
NIL

as expected, but

(show "/html" (chtml:parse #p"test.html" (stp:make-builder)))
NIL

Here test.html contains the same string that was given to cxml:parse
above.

Comparing the results of the two parse functions it looks like this
may have something to do with namespaces, but I'm not sure.

What am I missing?

Andras