[plexippus-xpath-devel] Problem compiling xpath

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Tue Nov 11 08:00:37 UTC 2008

Quoting Daniel Katz (dpkatz at gmail.com):
> I just downloaded plexippus-xpath (via clbuild) and tried to compile
> it with sbcl (I also tried ccl and got the same result) on a PPC Mac
> OS X 10.5 machine, and ran into trouble:
[...]
> ; caught ERROR:
> ;   (during macroexpansion of (YACC:DEFINE-PARSER *XPATH-PARSER* ...))
> ;   The variable LAMBDA* is unbound.
[...]
> I didn't see an obvious problem since it compiled the lambda* macro
> just before it hit the problem area (unless there was an issue with
> the eval-when clause that I'm not understanding), but clearly the
> compilers don't like something.
>
> Any suggestions on what the issue might be?

Thanks for the report.  I can reproduce it, but I'm pretty sure we are
using cl-yacc correctly here.

Unfortunately, current cl-yacc from darcs doesn't work with Plexippus
anymore.  Apparently it doesn't recognize such functions in productions
since this patch:

Tue Mar 25 21:53:18 CET 2008  Willem Broekema <metawilm at gmail.com>
  * Add :precedence option to productions.

As a workaround, you can use "darcs unpull" in cl-yacc to remove this
patch, fixing Plexippus (type 'y' followed by 'd').

d.