[pg-devel] Non-unicode characters are present in pg.lisp

Eric Marsden eric.marsden at free.fr
Sun Sep 3 19:35:10 UTC 2006

>>>>> "jr" == Johan Ur Riise <johan at riise-data.no> writes:

  jr> When I use my CLISP with no special configuration, it assumes
  jr> files are in utf-8 encoding. Since the name of Johannes Grødem
  jr> has #\CEDILLA and #\LATIN_CAPITAL_LETTER_A_WITH_TILDE in some
  jr> iso-8559-variant (#xc3 #xb8), CLISP will not load it.

  on my machine, Emacs reports that pg.lisp is using UTF-8 encoding
  (and I see Johannes' name correctly). I don't know whether this is
  because the cvs client does charset conversion according to $LANG,
  or whether that's how the file is encoded in the repository. I
  haven't found any information about this in the cvsbook at
  red-bean.com ; does anyone know more?

--
Eric Marsden