[pg-devel] Re: cl-rdbms

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 14:18:51 UTC 2006

>   formats). I haven't yet measured the performance impact of replacing
>   alist dispatch by EQL specializers.

i'm a big fan of muti-method and multiple dispatch, because it is a
great way to customize the behaviour of a lib from outside with
plugin-like stuff. in this concrete situation i'm not sure about it,
but if the measuring doesn't prove a big overhead then i guess it's
fine...

>   Any comments on this code, and on the degree of pain that would be
>   caused by breaking backward compatibility for the prepared statement
>   stuff (which only recently started working properly ...) would be
>   appreciated.

i personally don't care about backward compatibility (one can always
chose not to get the new changes) and we are developers after all...
:)

now, darcs makes the management of patches (possibly with incompatible
changes in them) a lot easier, but i stop being a darcs advocate... :)

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
 - I understand.
 - No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)