[pg-devel] Non-unicode characters are present in pg.lisp

Johan Ur Riise johan at riise-data.no
Thu Aug 31 23:32:45 UTC 2006

When I am at it...

When I use my CLISP with no special configuration, it assumes
files are in utf-8 encoding. Since the name of Johannes Grødem
has #\CEDILLA and #\LATIN_CAPITAL_LETTER_A_WITH_TILDE in some
iso-8559-variant (#xc3 #xb8), CLISP will not load it.

I think that if you change these characters to utf-8, it will
still be readable in a single-octet-per-letter encoding.
By the way, I think he uses #\LATIN_SMALL_LETTER_O_WITH_STROKE
to write his name. At least in my iso-8859-1 terminal, the
characters do not look right anyway. I think it should be
written (hex) 47 72 f8 64 65 6d in that encoding.

--
Hilsen
Johan Ur Riise