trident-mode.el -- Interactive Parenscript development

John Mastro john.b.mastro at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 17:41:42 UTC 2013

Hello,

I recently started working on an Emacs minor mode with the goal of using
SLIME[1] and Skewer[2] to make Parenscript development as dynamic as
possible. I'm calling it Trident, and it's online now at
https://github.com/johnmastro/trident-mode.el.

Skewer, in case you're not familiar with it, allows you to send JavaScript
(amongst other things) directly from Emacs to the web browser. Trident's
general purpose is to use that ability to treat the browser's JavaScript
engine as just another Lisp image that we can send code to for evaluation.
Trident also provides commands for displaying the code generated by
Parenscript, which can be used without Skewer.

If this interests you at all, try it out and let me know what you think.
The readme.org at the GitHub repo has more information on setup and usage.
I haven't gotten it on ELPA yet but it's a single file and a mere load or
require away.

Thanks,

John Mastro

[1] http://common-lisp.net/project/slime/