[parenscript-devel] APPLY of method functions

Vladimir Sedach vsedach at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 17:44:15 UTC 2012

Hi Boris,

Thank you for catching this bug and the patches! I made two additional
patches building on top of yours:

One removes the apply-to macro (my general policy now is not to export
any non-Common Lisp symbols from Parenscript as possible, and
deprecate as many of the existing non-CL exported macros and special
forms as possible, and to work on making PS closer to CL - the
apply-to macro can be written by people in their own projects and
libraries and doesn't need specific support from PS internals, which
is why I think it falls under this policy).

The second optimizes output for cases like (apply (@ an-object foo)
nil) where the object is a simple symbol.

Happy hacking,
Vladimir