[parenscript-devel] Fwd: test failure on Allegro

Vladimir Sedach vsedach at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 20:40:08 UTC 2012

This is indeed a bug in named-readtables due to an incompatible API
change from Allegro 8.1 to 8.2. I've emailed Robert Goldman and tried
emailing Tobias Rittweiler (tcr at freebits.de bounces - does anyone know
his current email address?) with the fix.

If you need to run Parenscript on ACL 8.2 right now:
Line 88 of cruft.lisp in named-readtables has to be changed to:
 #+ :allegro     (excl:named-readtable (readtable-name-for-allegro name) nil)

About the Parenscript unit tests, this is the first time I've run them
on Allegro. Everything works except for certain escape sequences in
strings; I'll take a look why.

Vladimir