[parenscript-devel] suggestion for unicode output

Vladimir Sedach vsedach at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 16:42:57 UTC 2012

I never noticed that Parenscript was escaping those characters in
string literals. For the record, what happens is:

PS> (ps (фоо бар "фоо бар"))
"фоо(бар, '\\u0444\\u043E\\u043E \\u0431\\u0430\\u0440');"

I agree it's better to not escape non-ASCII, non-control characters in
strings. Encoding itself is something that is up to the external
format of the stream you are outputting Parenscript code to.

I will make a patch to fix this soon.

Happy hacking,
Vladimir