[parenscript-devel] Support for case-sensitive symbols (backwards compatible)

Vladimir Sedach vsedach at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 06:36:58 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

At the suggestion of Matthias Benkard
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1597355/why-are-parenscript-functions-changed-to-all-lowercase)
I've added support for READTABLE-CASE :invert ed case-sensitive
symbols to Parenscript. This change works automatically if your code
is loaded with readtable-case :invert and the symbol contains mixed
case, and should be backwards-compatible with the old mangling
convention otherwise. Note that if your symbol names contain special
characters (like *$#& etc) and is mixed case, the symbol is name
mangled using the old convention.

This means you can stop writing things like (encode-u-r-i-component
foo-bar) and start writing things like (encodeURIComponent fooBar).

I recommend using the named-readtables library to manage readtable
state for your projects:
http://common-lisp.net/project/named-readtables/

Happy hacking,