[parenscript-devel] Skipping null returns at the top level.

szergling senatorzergling at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 23:10:56 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

I was wondering if there's an idiom for skipping the generation of a
form completely at the top-level. This is mildly related to the
implicit return feature currently being trialled. Here's an example:
suppose I'm trying to skip over this form:

(in-package :something-something)

by using

(defpsmacro in-package (x) nil)

An in-package form then compiles to "null;"

This spurious output may result in errors (I'm using ps to convert
my Lisp code to Actionscript).

How about using (values) to indicate explicitly that something
doesn't have any return values?

Yong.