[parenscript-devel] The next frontier?

Vladimir Sedach vsedach at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 21:15:20 UTC 2010

> I nominate backquote/comma. At least at a 50,000 foot level, it seems like
> the sort of thing PS could do, and it's pretty obvious that it would be
> useful.

That's a really cool idea.

The only two new features I have on the todo list right now are:

1. Use the 'with' statement to introduce proper scoping for closures.
2. Generalize the implicit return code transformation to work with
assignment and arguments passed to functions.

These are both ideas borrowed from the scm2js compiler
(http://hop.inria.fr/usr/local/lib/hop/2.0.0/weblets/home/articles/scheme2js/article.html).

There are tons of CL features and functions that can be implemented,
but my plan is to only add new features by request. My plan for the
next release is mainly to refactor the compiler, and split off the
print subsystem into the JS-toolkit project (which will also include a
JS parser).

Vladimir