[parenscript-devel] Lexical scoping bug

Vladimir Sedach vsedach at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 18:03:01 UTC 2010

This work was removing the last of the old-style hacks from the
compiler to clearly separate PS into three parts: the compiler itself,
the special forms code, and the printer. This reduces code size and
dependencies significantly, but the ultimate goal (which has mostly
been achieved) is to provide an intermediary S-exp representation of
JavaScript code that is directly and efficiently executable as Common
Lisp code.

In the future I'll be moving the printer code to a separate project,
which will also have a parser from JavaScript to this intermediary
representation. That project will serve as a useful base for JS code
transformation tools, and I am planning to write a JS->CL compiler on
top.

One user-visible change I made in the latest patches is to encourage
use of CL equality predicates ('==' and '===' are still there but
marked as deprecated).

Vladimir