[parenscript-devel] Bug: lexical renames wrongly extended to CREATE special form

Vladimir Sedach vsedach at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 16:14:19 UTC 2009

> Lexical renaming is implementing in a very wrong way in the main
> parenscript branch (by abusing symbol macros). I have introduced a
> js:let syntax form and perform renaming at print time instead. The
> implementation is significantly shorter and works for all cases.

Have you run the PS unit tests on your branch? I just cloned your
repository (up to patch faa26a99e6712), and it doesn't compile, but
from looking at the code it would seem your changes wouldn't handle
special variables, and maybe a few other things.

I don't think there's anything wrong with using symbol-macrolet as the
mechanism to implement renaming - so far I haven't been able to think
of any cases where it would cause a conflict.

Another thing I want to do is to make the PS printer take as input an
s-expression representation of JavaScript - I'm working on a JS parser
that will produce that representation as output, and a translator from
the representation to CL. Eventually I want to take the printer out of
Parenscript and move it into a separate project. So I'm a little
against putting in non-JS constructs into the language that the
printer understands.

Vladimir