[parenscript-devel] New Parenscript release.

John Fremlin john at fremlin.org
Wed Oct 7 03:53:30 UTC 2009

Red Daly <reddaly at gmail.com> writes:
> (methcall 't-string object param1 parm2 param3)
>
> => object.tString(param1, param2, param3).
>
> It's basically a shortcut for ((slot-object ...) param1 ...) but I have found
> it to be more readable.

This makes sense.

How about a version that doesn't evaluate the method argument? So
(meth t-string object param1 parm2 param3) => object.tString(param1, param2, param3)

> When I need a long string of dot-separated identifiers (e.g. foo.bar.viz) I use
> (slot-value foo 'bar 'viz) => foo.bar.viz

This is obviously an abuse of slot-value . . . how about something
similar but which doesn't evaluate its arguments
(sv foo bar viz) => foo.bar.viz

[...]