[parenscript-devel] How to generate element[i].childNodes[0].nodeValue

sblist at me.com sblist at me.com
Tue Nov 24 19:50:59 UTC 2009

Hi Wout,

On 2009-11-24, at 2:42 PM, Wout Perquin wrote:

> Hi Scott,
> It renders "var var = at(at(element[i], childNode)[0], nodeValue);"
> Parenscript turns the @ into at.

You need to use PS:@. I think most folks would
create their own package and :USE parenscript:

(defpackage #:your-package
  (:use #:common-lisp #:parenscript)

... using un-interned keywords or strings to
your taste.

> I would be happy with a "dot operator", so that I could code :
> (dot (aref element i)(aref child-node 0) node-value)
> it wouldnt be a bad extension to Parenscript :)

I wonder if you could come up with an implementation
of DOT that does what you want unambiguously... I'd
think this hasn't come up before because most folks
like to stick with prefix notation in PS (aside from
the old symbol mangling with '.')

- Scott