[parenscript-devel] Looking for examples to pass lisp values into parenscript

Vladimir Sedach vsedach at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 05:47:46 UTC 2008

> if we (cl-dwim guys) had infinite time we would do it ourselves, but i
> hope someone will pick up the idea and do it for ps... ;)

I agree this is the right way to go. Not only would it provide for
more meaningful embedding of PS code in CL code (to answer Daniel's
earlier query, the "lisp" macro evaluates its arguments at PS
macro-expansion time (compile time, ie every time ps* gets called) via
eval, hence it has no access to anything but the dynamic environment
of the ps* call), but it would also obviate any need for PS output
caching mechanisms (I know at least one instance of this has already
been implemented in a PS application).

I might have a large chunk of time available over New Year's to work
on this. I'd like to make a release before rewriting the compiler
though. Please get your suggestions and bugfixes for the next release
in soon!

Vladimir