[parenscript-devel] What's up with let

Daniel Gackle danielgackle at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 22:01:11 UTC 2008

< two different macros in order not to cause issues with a special variable
when working with Parenscript from different sources >

It sounds like you're talking about something important, but I'd need to see
an example in order to get it. However, I'd like an answer to the first
question first - does anybody actually need this? - because if not, then
maybe the original let can be restored (either by removing or renaming the
new one).

Another point: the new let generates different code for variables defined
with "defvar" than "var". If the intention is to create Lispy bindings for
special variables (indicated by "defvar") then an alternative solution would
be to generate fancy code only for variables declared this way, and return
to generating plain-old-JS for variables not declared this way. That might
be a simple way to get the best of both worlds.

Daniel