[parenscript-devel] Inconsistent treatment of keyword symbols

Vladimir Sedach vsedach at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 23:17:50 UTC 2007

Before, keyword symbols were treated as quoted ones by Parenscript
because of the fact that they self-evaluate in Lisp. This does make
them inconsistent with the way that Parenscript handles other symbols,
and inconsistent in the fact that quoted symbols don't evaluate to
themselves so aren't really like keyword symbols. I do think treating
keyword symbols like other symbols is simpler and more consistent. The
other thing this highlights is a bug in the way defun/defvar/etc.
handle their "name" parameters which should be symbols. I've fixed
both, and a patch is now in the darcs repository.

Vladimir