[parenscript-devel] ParenScript tests.

Henrik Hjelte henrik.hjelte at stix.to
Tue Jul 3 07:34:03 UTC 2007

On 7/2/07, Red Daly <reddaly at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are, however, still many tests that fail.  The bulk of these failures
> are because of semantically meaningless differences in parenscript-compiled
> javascript and the expected javascript.  for example:

> It is worth considering using a Javascript parser compare expected vs.
> compiled Javascript instead of using the slight hack in the current testing
> code.

I would say it is unnecessary and too complex. If the hack is updated
to remove all whitespace (include linebreaks) before comparing
generated and expected code, I think that will be good enough to
detect 99.9% of all cases were the generated code does not comply with
the documentation.

I think find undocumented newly added features and tweaks, and
documenting them with expected output is a higher priority. Otherwise
it is a big chance they will be forgotten when parenscript is
refactored. If there is no test for a feature, it will not be seen.

> Anyhow, now that 5am is compiling we might want to get tests working again.
Great work! And yes. And also clean up the documentation. I don't have
the time right now, but can help later if there is anything left to do
in some weeks.

/Henrik