[parenscript-devel] compile-script toplevel compilation broken when loading compiled lisp files.

Vladimir Sedach vsedach at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 01:45:44 UTC 2007

Hello Red,

There is a weird bug with the compiler changes you made where
compiling a loading a file containing a call to compile-script works
fine, but loading a fasl of that file fails (in particular, when
compile-to-expression, when they obviously compile to js-return,
etc.). I don't understand what's broken or why, and in particular why
the top-level stuff is involved in compile-script (as opposed to
compile-script file). I am also really starting to hate the OO
brain-damage that is the ParenScript intermediate representation.
After this bug gets fixed (it is a complete PITA), I am going to start
ripping that stuff out.

Please see what you can do about fixing this issue. I'll be gone over
the weekend, and since this is seriously starting to affect the
project for which I'm using parenscript for, I'm going to start
ripping out the compilation environment stuff as well if it's not
fixed soon.

Thanks,